Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Donation Request for Reward Items for hardworking Intensive Reading students

I'm asking for donated items to reward my Intensive Reading Sophomore (10th grade) students with at the end of the semester for at home reading. These students are working hard to bring their reading comprehension scores to grade level and some have read over 1000 pages at home. Help me encourage them with rewards for our December reading celebration!

These students are working hard to improve their reading abilities, be on grade level, and graduate high school!

I have two classes of intensive reading students who are working hard to raise their reading levels. Help me reward their additional practice reading at home with donate prizes for our end of semester party. The kids cleaned me out a bit in our first semester party. I had two reading students with over 1000 pages and many more who had read hundreds of pages at home, something they had never done before!

Some reward ideas include:

Young Adult literature books (the students have reading levels between 3rd and 10th grade)
Gift cards
Games (card games, board games, video games)
Warm clothing
Snacks
Posters
Backpack
school supplies
Portable technology like an iPod or Nano

Contact me with ideas you have to make a donation. 

 

No comments: